Petri Rasinmäki (M.Sc. Eng, MBA) has been appointed Business Line President, Paper, at Valmet as of September 1, 2023. In his new position, Petri Rasinmäki will be a member of Valmet’s Executive Team reporting to President and CEO Pasi Laine.
Jari Vähäpesola, the current Business Line President, Paper, has decided to retire after a long, successful career at Valmet as of December 1, 2023.
Petri Rasinmäki currently holds the position of Vice President, Board and Paper Mills business unit at Valmet’s Paper business line. Prior to his current position, he worked in various management positions at Valmet and Metso since 2004.
“I want to express my warmest gratitude to Jari Vähäpesola for his invaluable contribution to Valmet’s success over the years. Jari has been instrumental in making our Paper business line a market leader valued by customers around the world. It has been a privilege to work with Jari in our Executive Team and on our global customers, and we will all miss him. I am pleased that we could find a successor for Jari internally. Petri Rasinmäki is a long-term Valmeteer with versatile experience in the company covering both process technologies and services. He has led our Board and Paper Mills business unit successfully since 2021 and has a deep understanding of the business and our customers. Petri is in a good position to lead our Paper business line forward from the excellent foundation built under Jari’s leadership,” said Pasi Laine, President and CEO, Valmet.
Relevant previous experience
- Vice President, Board and Paper mills business unit, Paper business line, Valmet, 2021 – current
- Director, Board and Paper Machines Technology unit, Paper business line, Valmet 2018-2021
- General Manager, Mill improvements Finland, Services business line, Valmet 2013-2017
- General Manager, Service Technology Center, Metso, 2011-2013
- Global Technology Manager, Metso, 2009-2011
- Manager, CCR Paper Technology, Metso, 2007-2009
- Paper Technology Manager, Metso, 2004-2007
- Production Superintendent, Cartiere Burgo S.p.A, Verzuolo Mill, Italy, 2001-2004